Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Tue July 31, 2012
Another Big Fundraising Year For UW
The University of Wyoming just finished its second straight year raising over 40 million dollars in private donations. U-W Foundation President Ben Blalock says the support the University gets from the state leads to donations from the public.
“That even though you are looking at some budget adjustments, the state support here is huge at the University of Wyoming. You are seeing key partnerships with the Wyoming legislature, with the governor of the state, and the end result is that is giving encouragement to our contributors that this is a good place to invest. And it’s playing out.”
Blalock says U-W raised 40-point-one million dollars from 23-thousand contributors. It’s the first time that the University of Wyoming Foundation has received over 40 million dollars in back to back years.