Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Fri November 30, 2012
Attack kills 3 at Casper College
Three people are dead after an attack at Casper College in Wyoming and on a street nearby this morning. Authorities say no firearms were used in the attack.
Casper Police Chief Chris Walsh said at a press conference that the suspect killed his first victim using an unspecified “edge-weapon” about a mile from campus at 9 a.m. The suspect then went to the Wold Physicial Sciences Building at Casper College and killed a second victim while class was in session. The suspect apparently committed suicide there.
Walsh says the Casper Police Department had run “active-shooter” training drills before this attack, and felt prepared for such an incident.
Walsh says he is not releasing names pending notification of kin, but the victims were a man and a woman he says both knew the assailant. He says the suspect was not a student, and there was no previous knowledge of a threat, and no current information about a motive.
All classes have been cancelled today, but a campus lockdown has been lifted according to the Casper College website. Counselors are available on the second floor of Gateway Hall.