Wyoming’s majestic Bighorn Mountains provide the backdrop for The Brinton Museum on the historic Quarter Circle A Ranch, just outside of Big Horn, Wyoming. Built in 1892 by William Moncreiffe, the historic Ranch House on the Quarter Circle Ă Ranch, is on the National Register of Historic Places. Bradford Brinton purchased the property in 1923.
At the heart of the museum are the art, historic documents, books and furnishings that made up Bradford Brinton’s original collection. The permanent collection is on display in a dedicated, architecturally-significant Forrest E. Mars, Jr. Building as well as in the historic Brinton Ranch House. Joining the Brinton Collection is the Gallatin Collection of Plains Indian Art and Artifacts, one of the most extensive and significant collections of American Indian Art in North America. In addition to Indian Art, the museum also features 19th, 20th, and 21st century Western Art by notables such as Frederic Remington, Charles Russell, Bill Gollings, Thomas Moran, Winold Reiss, Frank Tenney Johnson, and Ed Borein, as well as the largest Hans Kleiber collection in the world.
The Brinton Museum is part of a 620-acre nature preserve, an Audubon-designated Important Bird Area, and features manicured grounds, a large garden, a Museum Store and Bistro.
For more information, visit the Brinton Museum website.