Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed November 19, 2003
Carbon Monoxide Death Trial Underway
Cheyenne, WY – A civil trial in the 2001 carbon monoxide death of a man at a Vail Resorts lodge got underway in U-S District Tuesday. Fifty-one year old Doctor David Williams and Joette Williams were staying at the Snake River Lodge and Spa near Jackson when carbon monoxide allegedly seeped into their room. He was killed and she suffered injuries. In opening arguments, attorney Robert Shuster said Vail Resorts knew of the carbon monoxide problem, but did little to fix it before the death. Defense attorney Earl Gunn admits something went wrong. But he's focusing more on the extent of Joette Williams' brain injuries and the amount of lost income and medical expenses sought in both lawsuits. The trial is expected to last through December.