Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Fri October 15, 2010
Casper-Natrona County To Consider Smoking Ban
By Irina Zhorov
LARAMIE, wyo – The advocate group Smokefree Natrona County wants the Casper-Natrona County Health Department to regulate smoking in indoor establishments, including restaurants and bars. The last time an indoor smoking ban was instituted was in 2000 but it was overturned by voter referendum. Some businesses fear that an indoor smoking ban would negatively affect their income. But Smokefree Natrona County's Brandon Daigle says their support base includes businesses and that in the end, it's really about citizens.
"Our efforts are to protect the workers in those places," says Daigle. "It's not about business rights, it's about protecting the health of the citizens."
Bob Harrington, Director of the Casper-Natrona County Health Department, says the issue will likely be on the agenda during the next meeting on November 9th and 10th but he won't predict what the board might do.