Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Thu March 14, 2013
Casper's new transportation plan seeks public input
The Casper Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) will be unveiling a new 25-year transportation plan for Casper and the surrounding communities, later this month. Plan organizers will be looking for public input from residents and businesses at several public meetings throughout the next year.
MPO planner, Sally Kerpchar, says the plan covers the new highway bill, plus much more.
“The long range transportation plan looks at absolutely every mode of travel—anything that moves people or goods, it looks at,” said Kerpchar.
One of the primary areas of focus in this plan is keeping pedestrians, motorists, and freight safe, both in Casper and the rest of Natrona County.
There will be a kick-off meeting at the Casper Events Center on March 25th. More information on the plan, including meeting details, can be found on the MPO’s website: http://connectingcasper2040.com