Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Tue September 3, 2013
Christensen pleased with his team and improvement of the defense
As the Wyoming Cowboys prepare for their home football opener against Idaho, Head Coach Dave Christensen says there is no doubt that his team is better than past years.
People have taken note of Wyoming’s near upset of 18th ranked Nebraska. While the offense impressed a lot of people, Christensen is raving about the improved play of his defense that was worn down in the third quarter, but bounced back to help the team rally.
“You know there was a couple of key stops, a couple of take-aways that turned into 14 points, I was really, really encouraged, especially after watching the video yesterday of just the way we tackled, we leveraged. I used to be embarrassed of the way we looked on the field from a defensive standpoint and that’s been corrected and that’s exciting.”
Christensen says it’s the most intensity he’s seen from the defense since he’s been at Wyoming. The Cowboys host Idaho on Saturday at 2pm.