Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed August 18, 2010
Cindy Hill wins GOP Superintendent race
By Tristan Ahtone
Laramie, Wy – The lone incumbent to lose a major race yesterday was in the Republican primary for State Superintendent. Jim McBride lost to Cindy Hill. She is a former Junior High School Vice-Principal. Hill says taking the time to speak with voters and educators is what put her ahead of her Republican opponents.
"I think that they just want to make certain that all of our kids are growing and they know that they're not, they know that it hasn't happened and they think that it should be and can happen and I agree with them."
Hill will go on to face State Senator Mike Massie who ran unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Current Superintendent Jim McBride was appointed to the position in
2005 after Trent Blankenship abruptly left the position. McBride was elected to a full term in 2006. McBride was not immediately available for comment last night.