Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Sat November 5, 2011
Cowboys Lose To TCU 31-20
The Wyoming Cowboys led, 20-17 in the third quarter, but missed tackling and an injury to Wyoming Quarterback Brett Smith allowed T-C-U pull away with a 31-20 victory. The Cowboys created five turnovers, which kept the game close, but when Smith left with a fourth quarter injury, Wyoming could not mount a comeback. But Head Coach Dave Christensen notes that unlike the past couple of years, this game was not a blowout. He adds the Cowboys are making progress.
“To create five takeaways to play as hard as these kids played, you know it wasn’t perfect and you know what, newsflash…we aren’t at the level of TCU yet. But I thought our kids came out and competed well against them, I think we are getting better as a program without a doubt.”
Christensen says that Smith could have returned but that he held him out for safety reasons. He expects him to start next weekend at Air Force.