Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Mon August 26, 2013
Cowboys prepare for Nebraska
The Wyoming Cowboys football team has a daunting task this weekend. The Cowboys travel to face the 18th ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers who have won 27 straight season openers. Nebraska features one of the top offenses in the Big Ten Conference, led by Quarterback Taylor Martinez. Wyoming Head Coach Dave Christensen is impressed with their size.
“They are difficult to defend because they got great players. They have an offensive line that is 6-6, 6-7, 6-7…320 pounds…they’re bulldozers”
Nebraska is rebuilding its defense, but Christensen says the Cowboys will need to play a near perfect game to win.
“We got to go out and execute our assignments. It comes down to each man executing his assignment and if we get that done each play then obviously you have a chance to compete. We know it’s going to take a great game, it will be a physical game… they are a physical football team.”
Nebraska will have nearly 87 thousand fans at the game and Christensen says the Cowboys will have to remain poised. Wyoming has never beaten Nebraska. Kickoff is Saturday afternoon at five. The game will be televised on the Big Ten Network.