Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Thu March 4, 2010
Democratic Party Chair: We have candidates
By Addie Goss
Laramie, WY – The chair of the state Democratic Party says there are two or three Democrats waiting in the wings to run for Governor. Leslie Petersen says that no Democrats have announced their intentions because they were waiting for Freudenthal to make his plans public.
"It wasn't that they had a lot of choice. You know, nobody wanted to jump out and make any kind of statements or plans until they knew. But I think Wyoming is still a small enough state that there's still time for good candidates to mount a good campaign."
Peterson says she's not ready to name names, but candidates should make their announcements soon. She admits that the party is behind on the gubernatorial race, and that many in Wyoming are angry right now at Democrats in Washington. But she says Wyoming people often prefer to have a centrist, nonpartisan, conservative Democrat in office.