Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Tue April 13, 2010
Department of Health looks to Daddy of Em All for help with fight against tobacco
By Bob Beck
Laramie, WY – In an effort to get more people to stop using tobacco the Wyoming Department of Health is joining forces with a surprising partner. The Department is using some of its tobacco settlement money to become a sponsor of the Cheyenne Frontier Days rodeo. The head of the Department's Substance Abuse Division says the Department will use the sponsorship to help people to quit using tobacco. Roger McDaniel says the sponsorship means they will have a booth on the rodeo grounds and a big visual presence,
"There will banners around the rodeo grounds and one of the chute gates will have our quit line tobacco on it. In addition to that we will have a presence in the parade and all of the Frontier Days activities including the rodeo, the night show and the park's exhibition area."
McDaniel says it is a historic culture change and one he predicts will be very successful.