Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri April 23, 2004
Donations Keep Wyoming Red Cross Offices Open
Cheyenne, WY – Volunteer help and an outpouring of donations have kept all but one of Wyoming's local Red Cross branch offices open. The Red Cross announced lst summer that budget constraints would force all the Wyoming branches to close except the Cheyenne headquarters. The Sheridan, Lander and Rawlins branches are staying open with help from waived rent. And increased donations have kept open the branches in Laramie, Jackson, Worland, Casper, Gillette and Douglas. The exception is the office in Green River, which was closed. But it has been moved to an employee's home and continues to provide many of the services it has in the past.