Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed December 5, 2012
Energy Innovation Center To Open
The University of Wyoming’s long awaited Energy Innovation Center opens in January.
The 25-point-four million dollar facility features some high tech capabilities that U-W Energy School Director Mark Northam says should allow Wyoming to be a leader in energy research.
It will have links to high speed computers, such as the NCAR Supercomputer and will allow for outside research.
“The building will also have a distance collaboration laboratory that will be useful for researchers and other professionals who are working with people in other loca
tions in the United States and around the world.”
Northam says the facility will benefit researchers, students, and others involved with the energy industry.