Fire Blamed On Electrical Problem

Powell, Wy – A preliminary investigation blames a fire at a Northwest College dormitory in Powell on an electrical appliance.
Fire investigators sifted through the charred building today (Wednesday) and believe the fire was accidental.
The type of electrical appliance was not identified.
The fire began in a room on the second floor of the two-story dorm yesterday afternoon. Four students were treated for breathing problems but no one was seriously hurt.
Meantime, college officials are seeking to find housing for 101 students displaced by the fire.
The college also is working to find copies of class notes and replacement textbooks for students.