Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Wed September 26, 2007
Fire Chief Indicted
Cheyenne, Wy – A federal grand jury has indicted former
Campbell County fire chief Gary Scott on charges that he had sex with four minors.
Scott resigned last month after a criminal complaint charged him
with sexually assaulting a single teenage fire cadet.
An indictment filed against Scott in federal court last week
charges him with 12 counts of transporting minors across state
lines to engage in illegal sexual activity.
John Powell is spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in
Cheyenne. Powell says today (Tuesday) that the indictment charges
Scott with sex acts involving four separate minors.
Scott entered pleas of NOT guilty to each of the 12 counts in
the indictment yesterday (Monday) before a federal magistrate.
Scott is scheduled to go on trial next month in Cheyenne.
Cheyenne lawyer Terry Harris represents Scott. Harris declined
comment on the new charges against Scott.