Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Simpson on politics
Tue November 15, 2011
Former Sen. Simpson bashes present-day politics
Former U-S Senator Al Simpson admits he is dismayed by the happenings in Congress.
Simpson says it is all about keeping the political party strong and has little to do with solving problems.
“You have people who come there that don’t even want to govern," Simpson says.
"They just want to stick a stick in the spoke of the bicycle of government. And that makes it different because they don’t want to say anything at their party, so they just get nasty with the other party.”
Simpson says there are a number of issues that cannot get addressed, because it would hurt one party or another if a compromise is reached. He calls it sad.
Simpson appeared on Open Spaces over the weekend.