Most Active Stories
- A cappella vocal ensemble, the King's Singers
- Wyoming’s little talked about pollution source: trona mines
- UPDATE: EPA issues Wind River Reservation state status for air monitoring, rules on res. border
- OSHA says Sinclair refinery shutdown is on the table
- Wyoming fires Football Coach Dave Christensen
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat March 24, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Jonah Lehrer, Sonja Sohn
Originally published on Sat March 24, 2012 9:24 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Fostering 'Creativity' In The Workplace: Companies like 3M allow their employees to have an hour a day to do whatever they want: work on a side project or tinker with a hobby. In doing so, they're helping their employees become more creative — and increasing their productivity, says science writer Jonah Lehrer in his new book, Imagine.
Sonja Sohn: Changing Baltimore Long After 'The Wire': For five seasons, actress Sonja Sohn played Detective Shakima "Kima" Greggs on the critically acclaimed HBO series The Wire, which chronicled life and death on Baltimore's toughest streets. When the series ended, Sohn stayed in Baltimore — to help young people straighten out their lives.
You can listen to the original broadcasts here: