Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri November 11, 2011
Fundraising launched for Powell economic group
A drive is under way to raise $600,000 to fund an economic development organization in Powell.
Organizers say the Powell Economic Partnership's mission is to unite the business community and government to create wealth, jobs and support the quality of life in the Powell Valley.
LeAnne Kindred, chairwoman of the partnership's board, says the group's first priority would be to facilitate growth and development of existing businesses, and then recruit new, complementary businesses to Powell.
The partnership consists of local business leaders and representatives from Northwest College and its foundation, the city of Powell, Park County and others.
Kindred said the $600,000 will employ a director and provide an operating budget for the partnership for three years.