Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Tue December 2, 2003
Governor And Speaker Debate Saving
Laramie, Wy – A day after the Governor released his state budget, Speaker of the House Fred Parady says the Governor did not save enough. The house would like to set aside around 300 million of the surplus. But Governor Dave Freudenthal says the state has too many current needs that makes that type of saving not realistic. But Speaker Parady thinks the Governors spending could force the state into tax increases. The Governor will next take his budget before the appropriations committee next week.