Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri January 9, 2004
Grand Teton National Park Starts Snowmobiling Season
Laramie, Wy – Friday was the first day of the snowmobile season in Grand Teton National Park. Because of a ruling by a Washington D-C judge only 25 sleds a day can go into the park on the Continental Divide Snowmobile Trail. But, Grand Teton spokesperson, Jackie Skaggs, says the cap shouldn't pose a problem as historically they have not had 25 snowmobilers a day.
Another 25 snowmobilers a day can ride on the John D. Rockefeller Memorial Parkway.
In Yellowstone National Park snowmobilers must be accompanied by a guide this winter, but in Grand Teton guides are NOT allowed.