Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Wed January 13, 2010
Group optimistic about Health Care bill
By Bob Beck
Casper, Wy – The Director of a statewide business coalition remains optimistic about the health care bill being debated in Congress. Anne Ladd of the Wyoming Business Coalition on Health says the legislation is too big to properly assess. But businesses across the state did have one important goal when Congress began debating the measure and she says their issue is being addressed.
"We think that whenever you go to buy anything, you ought to know the price in advance. And you ought to have some way of knowing the quality of the product you are buying. And so that's what we are looking for in this legislation and from what we are seeing in the language of the bill, we are seeing some encouraging signs."
Ladd says while the legislation in Congress is welcome, she says the state needs to also continue looking at ways to improve health care.