Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Mon March 4, 2013
Health Department launches suicide prevention webinars
The Wyoming Department of Health is hosting a series of webinars about suicide prevention, starting in early March.
The agency’s Keith Hotel says the sessions are open to the public and are geared toward people who have little knowledge about suicide prevention.
“For the first time this last biennium we were able to actually able to afford to fund people out in communities to devote a significant amount of time to suicide prevention,” Hotle said. “And so these are folks with sometimes extensive experience in substance abuse and tobacco prevention, but suicide prevention, for many of them, is a new field.”
Wyoming has one of the country’s highest rates of suicide. The webinars will discuss why that is, and offer ways to recognize warning signs and get people the help they need.