Most Active Stories
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Best of Wyoming
Fri February 1, 2013
High Plains Old Time Music Festival – Douglas
High Plains Old Time Music Festival is a two-day competition with the largest variety of categories in the region. Some of the categories include: fiddle, vocal, banjo, vocals, piano, variety and guitar. Preliminaries are on Saturday and the finals are on Sunday. Over $3,000 will be offered in cash and prizes! The dates for this year are April 13 and 14. The location has changed to Eastern WY College in Douglas, WY. Events start at 9:00 am both days. There is also a Saturday Night Showcase of Talent with a Strut Your Stuff and Band Scramble categories and live entertainment that night. This festival is enjoyed by competitors and spectators alike because of the great music, friendly atmosphere and family feel. For more information, please call Jamie at 307-358-5622.
Photos courtesy of the Douglas Budget Newspaper.