Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Best of Wyoming
Fri August 30, 2013
Hot Springs - Saratoga
The historic hot pool, located on the banks of the Platte River, is a natural hot springs once believed to possess healing properties. Indian tribes would lay down their weapons to partake of the waters healing powers in peace. Today, it brings that same relaxing ambiance.
The pool is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week year round. The Hobo Pool temperature ranges from 108 to 119 degrees. The Not So Hot Pool maintains a temperature around 100 degrees.
There is no charge for use of the Hobo Pool. However, there is a donation box available for patrons that would like to contribute to the maintenance of the facility. There are showers and dressing rooms available in the new facilities.
There is a small park and picnic area behind the hobo pool which is adjacent to the municipal pool. It has a tranquility that will allow you to relax and enjoy the quiet solitude of the river.
For more information please visit: www.saratoga.govoffice2.com .