Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Wed November 20, 2013
'I Relied Upon My Faith,' George W. Bush Tells Jay Leno
Originally published on Wed November 20, 2013 8:37 am
Making a relatively rare appearance on national TV, former President George W. Bush told Tonight Show host Jay Leno on Tuesday's show that "I relied upon my faith, my family helped a lot and I had a good team around me" while in the White House.
Bush also repeated some things he's said before — that he doesn't miss being president and that he'll leave it up to history to judge his performance.
The nation's 43rd president also had some funny moments: "You look much more relaxed" now, Leno told him. "No kidding ... duh!" Bush said with a laugh and a comical look on his face.
Since leaving office, Bush has taken up painting. He gave Leno a portrait he's done of the Tonight Show host.