Juvenile to Stand Trial in Assault Case

Casper, WY – A former inmate at the Casper juvenile detention center has withdrawn a plea agreement and must stand trial on sexual assault charges.
Carlos Arellano, 17, withdrew his plea agreement on Thursday. He's charged with sexually assaulting other teens at the detention center in April.
Assistant Natrona County District Attorney Michael Schafer said last month that Arellano had reached an agreement to plead guilty to third-degree sexual assault in exchange for other charges being dropped.
Now that Arellano has withdrawn the agreement, Schafer says Arellano will stand trial unless he pleads guilty to all charges including two charges of first-degree sexual assault.