Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri March 9, 2012
Kenny Sailors to be inducted to Hall of Fame
Former Cowboys Basketball star and three-time All American Kenny Sailors of Laramie will be inducted into the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame in Kansas City, Missouri this fall.
Sailors, who is now 91, is the second Cowboy to join. His first college-level coach, Everett Shelton, was inducted in 2006.
“Ev was the greatest coach I’ve ever played for, and I’ve played for about 25, 26 coaches,” Sailor said. “He had a real knowledge of the science and tactics of the game of basketball that I frankly don’t think a lot of coaches have today.”
Sailors, who popularized the jump shot, says he’s honored to be recognized in the same hall as his former coach.
Georgetown alumnus Patrick Ewing will also be inducted this year.