Most Active Stories
- Researchers Look For Clues To Polio-Like Illness In California Children
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
Best of Wyoming
Mon January 23, 2012
The Lander Art Center - Exhibitions, Education, and Professional Development
The Lander Art Center is a nonprofit art organization located in beautiful Lander, Wyoming. It’s a membership-based organization relying on the involvement and financial support of the community.
The Center’s mission is to engage the community's young people and adults in visual arts through quality exhibitions and learning opportunities that will support a strong arts community in Fremont County.
The gallery-space features varied art exhibitions of local, regional and national artists rotating on a six-week basis totaling eight exhibitions per year.
In addition, the Lander Art Center organizes one summer (Lander RiverFest) and one winter (Art in the Afternoon) arts fair that highlights local and regional talent.
In the classroom, the Center offers classes for youth of all ages and adults from amateur through professional. Classes in a wide range of techniques are offered at various times depending on the season, student age, and subject matter.
During the summer, week-long youth classes are held through the Summer Of Arts Program (SOAP) in ceramics, metals and jewelry, drawing, sculpture, fiber arts and more.