Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Mon July 8, 2013
Laramie businesses benefit from Jubilee Days
Once again, the annual Rodeo event Jubilee Days has come to Laramie and merchants hope it will bring a surge in tourism. Laramie Chamber of Commerce Vice President Josie Davies says that Jubilee Days brings a diversity of tourists to for the week’s events that includes a rodeo, a carnival, and downtown events. Those events do lead to some street closures. Davies says that while some are concerned, she says that all businesses benefit from Jubilee Days.
“I think there’s always going to be some businesses concerned about the street closures," Davies said. "But it really shouldn’t affect their businesses in any bad way because you have all those people downtown.”
To see a schedule of events for Jubilee Days, visit the Laramie Area Chamber of Commerce website. The event runs through July 14.