Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu November 17, 2011
LCCC elects Schaffer to become next president
On January 17th, Joe Schaffer will become the new president of Laramie County Community College.
On Wednesday, the college's board of trustees unanimously voted to appoint Schaffer to the position. LCCC's Public Relations Director Lisa Murphy says the new partnership will help the college to continue moving forward.
"Dr. Schaffer is going to bring a lot of energy, a lot of enthusiasm, and a lot of intelligence. He knows the academic world, he knows the communication world, and he also knows how to integrate into the community."
Schaffer has served as dean and CEO of Montana State University, as well as director of outreach, workforce development and chief academic officer for MSU.