Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Thu May 30, 2013
List of Education Director candidates reduced to 6
The State Board of Education will interview six people who want to become Wyoming’s Director of Education. The position was created by the legislature to oversee the State Department of Education after lawmakers removed those duties from the State Superintendent.
State Board Chairman Ron Micheli says they will announce the names of the semi finalists after the candidates have confirmed their availability to be interviewed for the position. He says the board considered a number of people.
“We took the 84 down to 9 and then we went through each one of those applications and we are now inviting 6 applicants to come in for a face to face interview Friday and Saturday. The criteria was who can take what has been a fairly contentious and difficult issue in Wyoming and move forward.”
The state board will submit three finalists to Governor Mead who will make the final selection.