Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Tue July 16, 2013
Liz Cheney to challenge Enzi for U.S. Senate seat
Former Vice President Dick Cheney's daughter Liz Cheney says she will run against Wyoming's senior U.S. senator in next year's Republican primary.
She announced her campaign in a statement today, and the news was confirmed by her campaign manager, Kara Hearn.
Liz Cheney is 46 and the elder of Dick Cheney's two daughters. She has been in the public eye in recent years as a Fox News political commentator. Last year, Cheney and her husband bought a home in the posh northwest Wyoming community of Jackson Hole.
Since then, Cheney has been a frequent speaker at Republican Party events in the state.
She holds a law degree from the University of Chicago and has worked for the State Department and the Agency for International Development.
Mike Enzi announced Tuesday that he will seek a fourth term in office.