Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Mon January 6, 2014
Liz Cheney ends her Senate campaign
U-S Senate candidate Liz Cheney has decided to end her campaign to what she is calling a serious health issue within her family. The news broke Sunday night and was confirmed by the Cheney campaign this morning.
Cheney said serious health issues had arisen within her family and she indicated that it involved one of her children. In a statement she said “My children and their futures were the motivation for our campaign and their health and well being will always be my overriding priority.” She had canceled an interview with Wyoming Public Radio due to a family matter.
In her statement, Cheney thanked the thousands across the state and country who supported her campaign. She had a lot of fundraising support and many expected her race with incumbent Senator Mike Enzi to be the most expensive in state history. But many in the state were unhappy with her decision to challenge Enzi saying it would divide the Republican Party.
Topic of the Week