Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri March 5, 2004
Manufacturers Get Tax Break
Cheyenne, Wy – A Cheyenne Representative says the legislators were able to use the surplus to benefit economic development, but Pete Illoway thinks a tax break will do a lot of good. The Governor signed a bill that provides a sales tax exemption for machinery. Illoway has worked on the bill for six years and he thinks it will finally help create jobs in Wyoming because it puts the state on par with our neighbors. He says Wyoming is now back in the manufacturing business.
Illoway says funding for air travel improvements and increases to the business council will also help the economy.