Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Tue February 14, 2012
President Obama submitted his Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 budget to Congress
President Obama submitted his Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 budget to Congress. He requested full funding – $445 million – for CPB’s FY 2015 advance.
CPB’s two-year advance appropriation, in place since 1976, serves as a “firewall” designed to protect public media’s independence. CPB’s appropriation provides essential funding to local and national content and approximately 70 percent goes directly to stations across the country to support service to communities.
The President's request reaffirms that federal funding for public media is a vital investment – one that continues to deliver proven value and service to our country.
We appreciate the President’s support, which is very important as Congress now considers our appropriation.
Thank you for your commitment to Wyoming Public Media. During the next several years, we will be working hard to lessen dependence on federal funding for recurring expenses.