Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- Wyoming Judicial Branch says there’s nothing left to cut.
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wyoming Public Media Program Director/ Morning Music Host
Host of the Ranch Breakfast Show
Tue November 6, 2012
Results for Wyoming Legislative Races
By Willow Belden
Updated 7:45 p.m.
STATE SENATE RACES: Unofficial results
- District 14 (Lincoln, Sublette, Sweetwater and Uinta Counties): With 14 out of 24 precincts reporting, Stan Cooper, the Republican incumbent, leads John Vincent Love 1,881 to 329.
- District 8 (Laramie County): Incumbent Democrat Floyd Esquibel beat Republican Curtis Albrecht 1,816 to 1,681.
- District 28 (Natrona County): Republican Jim Andersen beat Democrat Kim Holloway 4,560 to 2,462.
STATE HOUSE RACES: Unofficial results
- District 7 (Laramie County): Republican Sue Wilson beat Democrat Joe Fender 1,807 to 1,159.
- District 8 (Laramie County): Incumbent Republican Bob Nicholas beat Democrat Kathleen Petersen 1,420 to 1,209.
- District 9 (Laramie County): David Zwonitzer beats three third-party candidates with 1,737 votes.
- District 11 (Laramie County): Incumbent Democrat Mary Throne beat Republican Jerry Zellars 1,086 to 834.
- District 12 (Laramie County): Democrat Lee Filer beat Republican David Kniseley 1,000 to 934.
- District 14 (Albany County): Incumbent Republican Kermit Brown leads Democrat Tim Nyquist 1,480 to 875. Absentee votes not yet counted.
- District 15 (Carbon County): Incumbent Republican Donald Burkhart beats Democrat George Bagby.
- District 17 (Sweetwater County): Republican Stephen Watt beats JoAnn Dayton 1,597 to 1,289.
- District 28 (Bighorn, Freemont, Hot Springs and Park Counties): With eight of 12 precincts reporting, Republican Nathan Winters leads Democrat Connie Skates 2,659 to 956.
- District 33 (Freemont County): Incumbent Democrat Patrick Goggles beat Republican Jim Allen 1,330 to 1,180.
- District 41 (Laramie County): Incumbent Democrat Ken Esquibel beat Republican Donna Roofe 1,376 to 1,052.
- District 42 (Laramie County): Republican Lynn Hutchings beat Gary Datus 1,564 to 606.
- District 44 (Laramie County): Incumbent Democrat James Byrd beat Tom Zachary 881 to 664.
- District 45 (Albany County): Incumbent Republican Matt Greene leads Democrat Tony Mendoza. Absentee ballots not yet counted.
- District 46 (Albany County): Incumbent Republican Glenn Moniz leads Democrat Kennedy Penn-O'Toole 1,865 to 1,286. Absentee ballots not yet counted.
- District 48 (Sweetwater County): Republican Mark Baker unseats Incumbent Democrat Joe Barbuto 1,723 to 1,613.
- District 54 (Freemont County): Lloyd Larsen leads with 2,083 votes. Absentee ballots not yet counted.
- District 55 (Freemont County): Incumbent Republican David Miller leads with 1,892 votes. Absentee ballots not yet counted.
- District 59 (Natrona County): Republican Incumbent Carl "Bunky" Loucks beats Mike Gilmore 1,885 to 1,526.