Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Wed December 3, 2003
Reviewers Say Wolf Plan Acceptable
Cheyenne, WY – The scientific reviews are in, and it looks like Wyoming's wolf management plan is acceptable. The US Fish and Wildlife Service still holds the final decision on approving the plan, but these so-called peer reviews should help the state's efforts to remove the wolf from the endangered species list. But while the Wyoming plan was acceptable to the reviewers, Wyoming Public Radio's Aaron Alpern reports they were hardly in love with it.