Rock in the Glen – Glenrock
The Continental Pipeline Company donated the Rock in the Glen Park property to the Town of Glenrock in August 1982. The park property has direct access from the Glenrock Jaycee Park on the west edge of Glenrock.
The Rock in the Glen still has the names of the some of the emigrants that passed through Glenrock carved into its face stones.
“On July 26, 1842 John C Fremont’s first expedition to the far west guided by Kit Carson with Joseph Bissonette as interpreter also L. Maxwell as hunter camped in this rocky glen.
"Names and dates of many of the 300,000 travelers of the Oregon Trail are here.”
For more information, visit the Town of Glenrock website.