Most Active Stories
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Past Time, Fly Fishing
- Wyoming Stories: Murray Self Tells Three Centennial Classics
- Wyoming-Based Environmental Group Disbands
Tue October 11, 2011
Seattle Superhero Phoenix Jones Arrested, Accused Of Assault
Self-proclaimed Seattle superhero Phoenix Jones has had a run-in of his own with the law.
The 23-year-old Jones (real name Benjamin John Francis Fodor) was arrested "on suspicion of fourth-degree assault" by Seattle police early Sunday, "after he allegedly doused a group of people with pepper spray," The Seattle Times reports.
Jones posted a $3,800 bail and is due back in court on Thursday.
His supporters have posted a 14-minute video (with too many obscenities for us to be able to embed) that they say shows Jones was trying to break up a fight. Police spokesman Mark Jamieson tell the Times that officers on the scene decided "there was no fight."
Back in March, Jones and another "real-life superhero," DC's Guardian, talked with Tell Me More's Michel Martin about why they do what they do. His superhero exploits began after his car was broken into.