Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri February 4, 2005
Senate Committee Adds Support for Torrington Prison
Cheyenne, Wy – In the Wyoming Senate a committee recommended Torrington as the site for a new medium-security prison.
Torrington has the support of the Corrections Department, the House of Representatives and now this Senate committee.
Many officials from the city and county in Eastern Wyoming spoke in favor of the plan, but there are opponents to the idea from Goshen County. At the same time officials from Rawlins and Riverton are questioning the objectivity of the site selection process.