Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
Tue August 21, 2012
Senator Phil Nicholas Wins in District 10
State Senator Phil Nicholas won the Republic nomination for the District 10 Senate seat, defeating Anne Alexander. Nicholas won with 57 percent of the vote.
This was Alexander’s first campaign, and she says she was floored by the number of votes she got.
“I have no legislative experience at all and it made me feel confident that maybe we got some of our message out and it just kind of felt like a good vote of confidence even if we didn’t win.”
She said she was proud that both she and Nicholas ran clean campaigns focused only on the issues, and may try running for office again in the future. Nicholas could not be reached for comment. He is in line to become the Senate Majority Floor Leader and has previously said that he will continue to focus on capital construction projects and getting funds for mineral-poor Albany County.