Most Active Stories
- What Are The Most Common Mispronunciations Of Places In Wyoming?
- Yellowstone Super Volcano Even Bigger Than Previously Thought
- In Cheyenne, Police Adapt Surplus Military Vehicles For Use At Home
- Why Is It So Hard To Study The Public Health Effects Of Oil And Gas Development?
- Landowners Connect To Negotiate With Pipeline Companies
Tue August 21, 2012
Senator Phil Nicholas Wins in District 10
State Senator Phil Nicholas won the Republic nomination for the District 10 Senate seat, defeating Anne Alexander. Nicholas won with 57 percent of the vote.
This was Alexander’s first campaign, and she says she was floored by the number of votes she got.
“I have no legislative experience at all and it made me feel confident that maybe we got some of our message out and it just kind of felt like a good vote of confidence even if we didn’t win.”
She said she was proud that both she and Nicholas ran clean campaigns focused only on the issues, and may try running for office again in the future. Nicholas could not be reached for comment. He is in line to become the Senate Majority Floor Leader and has previously said that he will continue to focus on capital construction projects and getting funds for mineral-poor Albany County.