Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Wyoming Man Wins U.S. Supreme Court Case Concerning Rails To Trails
Wed June 8, 2005
Sherard Will Lead Department Of Health
Cheyenne, Wy – Doctor Brent Sherard is no longer interim
director of the Wyoming Department of Health.
Governor Freudenthal announced today that he has removed the "interim" from Sherard's title.
The governor says Sherard has amply demonstrated his expertise
in the field of health and his dedication to the state.
Sherard, who will retain his other role as state health officer,
says he wants to continue to press for preventative health care and
He says he will work to promote vaccinations and exercise while
advocating that people quit smoking or illegal drug use.
Sherard is a Wheatland native with degrees from the University
of Wyoming, Creighton University and Emory University.
He was named interim director of the Health Department in March
after Deb Fleming resigned.