Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Superintendent Hill Tries To Return To Dept. Of Ed
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Fri January 4, 2013
Shyatt is impressed with Wyoming's focus
Wyoming Cowboys basketball Coach Larry Shyatt says he is thrilled with the way his team has remained focused throughout its 13 game winning streak. Despite the fact that Wyoming is unbeaten, it has failed to crack the national rankings. Shyatt said the players have not let that distract them.
“And I think they have been really, really good at being at what I called it earlier laser focused on what’s important now. They seem to repeat the saying that we’ve had around here that happy is for March.”
Shyatt added that if they take care of business during the upcoming Mountain West Conference season, they should be able to find a place in the NCAA tournament in March. That’s because the MWC should be one of the toughest leagues in the nation.
“I’m sure every coach right now is less than comfortable playing anybody home or away. The difference between our league and many of the BCS leagues right now is the absence of a bottom.”
As for his team, Shyatt said that when Wyoming’s winning streak comes to an end, that the players will be able to pick up where they left off. Wyoming opens Mountain West play next Wednesday at home against Boise State.