Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu November 1, 2012
Sinclair offers reward after apparent sabotage
Sinclair Oil is offering a $25,000 reward for information about an apparent sabotage attempt at its refinery near Rawlins.
Workers discovered damage to a number of valves on Oct. 18 after noticing strange feedback from instruments on a hydro-cracking unit.
A company spokesman says the company concluded the damage was intentional but wouldn't comment on whether there were signs of a break-in.
Sinclair Police Chief Jeff Sanders confirmed Wednesday that his department is investigating.
The refinery has had several accidents and releases over the past several years.