Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Sen. Barrasso's Timber Bill Unpopular With Environmentalists And Foresters
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
Thu November 1, 2012
Sinclair offers reward after apparent sabotage
Sinclair Oil is offering a $25,000 reward for information about an apparent sabotage attempt at its refinery near Rawlins.
Workers discovered damage to a number of valves on Oct. 18 after noticing strange feedback from instruments on a hydro-cracking unit.
A company spokesman says the company concluded the damage was intentional but wouldn't comment on whether there were signs of a break-in.
Sinclair Police Chief Jeff Sanders confirmed Wednesday that his department is investigating.
The refinery has had several accidents and releases over the past several years.