Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri December 31, 2004
Snowmobiling To Begin In Yellowstone
Yellowstone National Park –
Park spokeswoman Cheryl Matthews says the entrance will open
tomorrow, New Year's Day, because of recent snow.
Snowmobiles and snowcoaches will be allowed on the road between
the west entrance and Old Faithful, Madison to Norris and Norris to
Snowmobile traffic is still prohibited on the road between
Mammoth and Norris because of minimal snow coverage.
The park's winter season officially began December 15th, but
snowmobiles and snowcoaches had only been allowed through the south
and east entrances in Wyoming until now.
The road from Canyon to Lake remains closed due to unsafe