Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Thu January 13, 2005
Support Growing for Water Storage Projects
Cheyenne, WY – A number of Wyoming legislators are excited that the Governor supports building more water storage projects. Dave Freudenthal raised the issue once again during his state of the state message. He wants money set aside dedicated for such projects, and a number of legislators support the move. Cheyenne Republican Pete Anderson says the move is long overdue. House Appropriations Chairman Frank Philp says the concept is a lot like saving money, and he doubts many will oppose that part of it. But he believes it could be a bit more controversial once projects are picked and funding is needed.