Most Active Stories
- When Facts Are Scarce, ER Doctor Turns Detective To Decide On Care
- StoryCorps: CJ Box Talks With His Daughter About Their Favorite Pastime, Fly Fishing
- Researchers Map Migration Routes With An Eye To Protecting Wildlife
- Legislature Passes Grand Teton Land Swap Bill
- Hill Announces Intention To Resume Superintendent Duties
Thu May 22, 2008
Trauner Formally Announces
Cheyenne, Wy – Gary Trauner says little has changed in
Washington since he narrowly lost election to the U.S. House two
So Trauner is running again. He announced in a news conference
in Cheyenne on Thursday that he's filed his candidacy with the
Wyoming Secretary of State.
Trauner said people continue to wait for Congress to put aside
partisan bickering and provide solutions for things like health
care and the war in Iraq. He also said it's time for the nation's
leaders to "stand up and show some backbone."
Trauner lost to Rep. Barbara Cubin by half a percentage point in
2006. Cubin isn't seeking re-election this year, although three
Republicans are running to replace her: Buffalo-area rancher Mark
Gordon, former Secretary of State Cynthia Lummis and retired Navy
officer Bill Winney.
So far, Trauner is the only Democrat running for Wyoming's lone
seat in the House.