Most Active Stories
- Growing sagebrush and other native seed: Crackpot idea or lucrative business venture?
- Wyoming missed out on last uranium boom, but planning for the future
- South Africans strive to limit damage to landscape as elephant populations grow
- Wolf trapping raises concerns about trapping the wrong animals
- Study finds BLM’s wild horse management practices are flawed
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Fri October 5, 2012
U.S. House Candidate Opposes Medicare Cuts
While Wyoming’s Congresswoman says she supports efforts by Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan to reform Medicare…her Democratic opponent opposes it.
Chris Henrichsen says the plan is to not provide Medicare to those who have paid into and earned that coverage and instead shift to a voucher type of program worries him.
“That we are instead gonna give them a lump sum and say go out and buy you own insurance. And I think someone who is no longer in the workforce, somebody who is in a retirement age is somebody who is not going to be treated well in a private market approach to senior medical care. So I really worry about efforts to do those types of things.”
Henrichsen says our insurance system is set up to help people until the reach Medicare and he worries that the so called reform is not well thought out.