Most Active Stories
- What Are The Most Common Mispronunciations Of Places In Wyoming?
- Yellowstone Super Volcano Even Bigger Than Previously Thought
- In Cheyenne, Police Adapt Surplus Military Vehicles For Use At Home
- Why Is It So Hard To Study The Public Health Effects Of Oil And Gas Development?
- Landowners Connect To Negotiate With Pipeline Companies
Fri July 26, 2013
UW Trustees request $13M for pay raises
The University of Wyoming’s Board of Trustees decided Friday to ask the state for $13.3 million to cover merit-based raises for faculty and staff.
Former University President Tom Buchanan tried unsuccessfully to secure raises in the past, and Board President David Bostrom says UW is now seeing an “exodus” of high-performing employees.
“Even though we may have hired a faculty member at a competitive salary four years ago – and not having any adjustments to that salary over four years – the marketplace nationally and internationally has continued to grow.”
Bostrom says the UW Trustees are also asking for funding to cover technology and facility upgrades. One item includes transmitter upgrades for Wyoming Public Media.